Companion Website for the Rubenstein Textbook
- This site contains a lot of great little quizzes that you can take to assess your understanding of the key terms and concepts introduced in the text. It gives you the opportunity to ask for hints, and provides you with valuable feedback after each quiz.
Rubenstein Chapter Outlines
- Click the above link to go to the post where you will find outlines for Chapters 1-13 of the Rubenstein test. I know, poor Chapter 14 always gets left behind. I’ll keep an eye out for it…
Flashcards Deluxe App for Iphone / Ipod touch
- For those of you who have (or want) an iphone or ipod touch, here is one more way that it can make your life easier and more effective. Purchase the flashcards app, and you will be able to import onto your iphone or ipod any flashcard set from quizlet. You do a simple search and download the list to your device. You then have several options for how you interact with the terms to help you learn them. I personally use this app to help me master the gajillion terms under the AP HUG umbrella. But don’t take my word for it, here is a 2nd opinion.
Quizlet: AP Human Geography Flashcard Sets
- Quizlet is a great resource to help you learn AP HUG terms. Once you go to the site, you can enter in your own search terms to find relevant lists. (not only for AP HUG but for your other classes as well ; ) Note: you will have to put in the search terms. Try several variations of our course to access all the different types of card sets already created.
Study Shack: AP HUG “StudyStacks”
- Although the information is kind of cluttered and unorganized – there are lots of AP HUG relevant lists and data-set.
Map Quiz Sites:
- Lizard Point Geography Quizzes – this site has quizzes for pretty much any region or area in the world. You get a map and get 3 chances to get the right country. Your points are tallied based on how many you get right. Very useful site….
- Pibmug Drag and Drop US Map Quiz – flash-based page that gives you a list of states that you drag and drop into place. There is even a timer to help you speed up your state recognition.
- I Like to Learn Map Quizzes – pick maps based on region. You get the name of the country to pick and move the mouse to pick the country. If you pick the wrong country it tells you which one you picked. If you don’t know where the country is you can click on a link to show you.
- Rethinking Schools Middle East Map Quiz – this map quiz is only for the Middle East. It is a drag-and-drop with country names that you place where they are. If you don’t know where a country is you get an X.
- Free Rice Geography Quiz – This site shows you a highlighted country and then gives you a choice of 4 countries to choose from. If you get it wrong it tells you which country is right and will then repeat the question again after 3-4 turns. This format is very effective for learning new countries, however, it does not let you specify which region you are quizzed on.
- Flash Based World Map Quiz – This site shows you a world map and a random country to identify. You are given 10 seconds per country. If you guess it takes away some of your time. The map is the whole world so it can be hard to click on really small countries. This is a great way to test your knowledge of whole world geography.
- The Map Quiz – This site is a bit different from other map quizzes in that it shows you the actual country and nothing else.
- Maps.com Map Quiz Games – There are a bunch of different types of games that allow you to select per region. Quizzes show you a map and you select the country, and it tells you if you are incorrect or correct. There are also a couple other quizzes that work like jigsaw puzzles.
- The Map Quiz – great site that lets you pick the region and whether you want the quiz timed or not timed. The quiz shows you the region with labels on all of the countries, and you drag the name of the country to the right label. You have to pick all of the countries and then it will tell you which ones you got wrong.
- Wiley Map Quizzes – These quizzes allow you multiple regions, countries, or cities to quiz yourself on. You are given a bow and arrow and you select the country and shoot the arrow at the right country.