Monotheistic or Polytheistic:
- Jains do not believe in the concept of a God being responsible for the manifestation of the Creation. They believe the universe is eternal.
Prophet or Founding Thinker:
Major Beliefs and Sacred Text:
- They believe there is an upper world. This meaning there are 30 heavens.
- All living creatures do not deserve to be harmed.
- They believe there are 7 hells.
- They believe that the universe exists with a certain amount of different layers includi hells and heavens.
Calendar & Symbol:
- They is both hierarchical and contagious diffusion because the spread of the religion started through the teachings of monks (hierarchical) but recently, contagious diffusion may be evident due to media and tools such as the internet.
- Mount Shatrunjaya in Gujarat, and Mount Abu in Rajasthan are important pilgrimages
- They have many temples.
- The build ”stupas” to honor their saints.
Architecture (include Illustration):
- Jain people spaced out their temple structure.
- Jain temples are divided into wards in a manner similar to fortified cities with parapets.
- Usually, the exits turn into a series of columbed chambers into the center of the temple.